Saturday, March 28, 2009

My Nia..Our Nia

Introducing Nur Aqeela Daania Binti Fahmi to the world for the first time ever.

Our precious baby girl is finally born on Tuesday, 10 March 2009 at Damansara Specialist Hospital via a Ceasearean-Section operation at 12.28pm weighing 3.42kg with the length of 48cm and head circumference of 35cm.
Our little one started her journey out of mommy's womb at about 3am in the morning when mommy's waterbag broke when she went to the toilet to take a leak. Mommy quickly woke Abah and they actually argued whether it's necessary to go to the hospital or not. But when mommy started to bleed, everthing was on auto-pilot. They showered and got ready to hit the road and prepared for the long day ahead of them.

At the hospital, mommy was quickly rushed to the maternity ward by the ER nurses. There, her tummy was strapped to a machine so that they can check on her contractions level - it was a bit funny because mommy keep on telling the midwife that she cannot feel any contractions because she doesn't know how it feels like - but the machine was showing a spike in the reading - so she is indeed having rather strong contractions. The midwife decided to check mommy's cervix if its dilated or not since she's started having strong contractions, but she was still at 1cm dilation and my head was still not engage properly in the birth channel.

At 9am, the gyneachologist came and checked mommy and she quickly informed the nurse to prep an operation theatre for mommy since I could drown in mommy's tummy if they don't get me out soon. After awhile, our anesthetist came and spoke to mommy on the procedure and gave a chance for mommy to ask any concerns that she might have. Mommy was all geared up to meet me so she was all perky and ready to be whisked away to the OT. She was wheeled off at 10am and given her epidural shot at 10.30am. By 11.45 she was ready on the operation table and Abah came in and sat next to mommy and held her hand all thru the procedure.

Alhamdulillah, after 45 minutes, I came out all purple and wailing at the top of my lungs. Mommy was too drugged to move so my peadeatrician gave me to Abah for him to Azam, Qamat and gave me my first taste of Tamar and Air Zamzam. Afterwards, they wiped me clean and put me on mommy's chest where we were officially introduced for the first time. Mommy was so happy, that she even had tears when she looked at my chubby face.

Overall, it was quite a journey for me coming out of mommy's tummy. Today, I am 19 days old and I have gained 0.2kg from my initial birth weight. Mommy is getting a hang of her new mommy-hood world and I am starting to develop my own sleeping pattern. Both of us are happy and we love each other to bits - that includes Abah as well. ;-)